We told you that boxing made it's official re-introduction in 2017 through the fights we've watched so far. Today its presence was strengthened with the announcement of a major rematch.

Ward vs. Kovalev II. 

The 2016 fight of the year lived up to the hype, with fans clamoring for a rematch. Today their wishes were granted and the fighters were more than happy to deliver what was needed.

"I'm going to keep it short and sweet. You got what you asked for - now you have to see me on June 17. This time...leave the excuses at home,” said Ward per the press release.

“I'm glad to know that rematch will happen. I really hope that Andre Ward will get into the ring for this rematch. Fans of boxing will see the real Krusher--the one they have missed for couple of my last fights. For me this rematch is very important as no other bout in my entire boxing career. Thanks a lot to all of boxing fans," said Kovalev.

Andre “SOG” Ward (31-0, 15 KOs) and former title holder Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs) will fight for the WBO/IBF/WBA light heavyweight championships at “No Excuses”. It all goes down on Saturday, June 17 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The championship event, presented by Corona Extra, will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT