1. So Peyton Manning threw for over 300 yards in the second half against the Ravens. He also set an NFL record with 7 TD passes in a game. Sure, the Ravens don’t need Ed Reed or Ray Lewis. They’ll be just fine.
2. The starting running backs of the Pats and the Giants, Stevan Ridley and David Wilson, both had a case of fumble fever on Sunday. The Giants are now looking for a Week 1 couch potato as a replacement. The Patriots backup running back, Shane Vereen, who played well after Ridley was benched broke his hand yesterday and is going to be out several weeks.
3. With Cam Newton and Russell Wilson at the helm, the Panthers and Seahawks only managed 19 points. Thanks guys, way to set the bar.
4. I’m feeling good about myself. After a night a drinking, I made it to church on time and paid my tithe. Adrian Peterson didn’t even play in the preseason and this punk wants to show me up and do this on the first NFL Sunday of 2013 on his first carry. Jerk!
6. It’s that time of the year again. Fall is fast approaching, which means football season, leaves changing and Roddy White tweeting nonsense at a Chad Johnson-like pace.
7. Sure, Lavonte David made an idiotic play that cost his team a victory. He also is a huge reason they were in the game to begin with. He had 8 tackles, 1 interception and a quarterback sack. Gotta love the way Bucs head coach, Greg Schiano stood up for his player though.
"It was a tough one because earlier in the game, their QB hurt us with a couple of scrambles," Schiano said. "Lavonte plays at a high speed and all- out, and unfortunately, that happened . . . He's a great player. He made one penalty."
8. You should never laugh at the expense of others. Unless it’s Darius Reynard and he opens the NFL season with a safety. Laugh hysterically. Replay. Laugh again.
9. Niner's HC Jim Harbaugh on Clay Matthews’ antics this past Sunday.
"I think that young man works very hard on being a tough guy," Harbaugh said Monday of Matthews. "He'll have some repairing to do to his image after the slap. If you're going to go to the face, come with some knuckles, not an open slap.”
10. Full disclosure, I’m a Raiders fan all day and a closet Cowboys fan because I grew up 3 hours away from Dallas. The Giants lost by five points and they committed six turnovers. Even though Eli makes body language like this, the G-Men will be just fine.