As New York hosts the 2013 All-Star Game, Nike Baseball will take this opportunity to showcase its latest footwear design and innovation, as MLB's heavy hitters take the main stage at the Home Run Derby tonight and at the ASG on Tuesday.
Only the dunk can rival the excitement of a home run going "yard." It is the moment in baseball that can cement you in the books as a star. When the 2013 elite takes the field in Flushing, New York you'll see three new cleats - the Nike Air Huarache Pro Metal Low, Nike Air Huarache Pro Metal Mid and the Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 Metal.
Citi Field has a iconic home run signal in the form of a apple that rests behind the fence in center field, which inspired the look of the Red Apple Collection (which includes the Nike Air Huarache Pro Low Metal, the Nike Air Huarache Pro Mid Metal, the Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 and a special-edition Nike Free Trainer 5.0 - dipped in a shiny metallic red upper accented by chrome green aglets and plate.)
Specs for the BAC are as follows:
Nike Air Huarache Pro Mid Metal
- ¾-height neoprene collar adds ankle support without sacrificing mobility
- Hook-and-loop strap helps lock down the ankle and heel for lateral stability and support
- Full-length, encapsulated Nike Air unit provides lightweight cushioning and impact protection
- Six full-length metal cleats and three smaller metal cleats in the forefoot provide outstanding traction while reducing hot spots
Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 Metal
- Nike Flywire technology integrated into the laces, wrapping the foot for a glove-like fit
- Open mesh tongue providing excellent ventilation to help keep your foot cool and comfortable
- Full-length Nike Air unit provides lightweight cushioning and impact protection
- TPU plate with a nine-cleat configuration for excellent traction and durability
Limited in release, the Nike Air Huarache Pro Metal Low and Mid, the Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 and the Nike Free Trainer 5.0 are available on Nike.com.