Michelle Obama’s tenure as First Lady is most known for her “Let’s Move” campaign to fight child obesity, and now she’s taking her efforts to the mic. Obama will be joining forces with other public health groups, including Hip Hop Public Health, to release a 19-track hip-hop album to get the word out on child obesity.
From looking at the track list, it doesn’t look like the first lady will be dropping any bars, but she was able to pull in artists like Doug E. Fresh, Ashanti, and DMC; she even got Iman Shumpert on a song. This is admirable, especially since there seems to be a real focus on making good music along with a sending a strong message.
Here’s the full track list from XXL Magazine:
1. U R What You Eat featuring Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. Everybody featuring Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD
3. Let’s Move featuring Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins
4. Just Believe featuring Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova
5. Veggie Luv featuring Monifah and J Rome
6. Hip Hop FEET featuring DMC and Artie Green
7. Stronger featuring Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren
8. Give myself a try featuring Ryan Beatty
9. Jump Up featuring Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could
10. Hip Hop LEAN featuring Artie Green
11. Pass the Rock featuring Iman Shumpert and Artie Green
12. Good Living featuring Ashton Jones
13. Beautiful featuring Daisy Grant and Artie Green
14. Change the Game featuring The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge
15. Wanna Jump (Let’s Move) featuring Paul Burch
16. Mother May I featuring Amelia Robinson
17. We Like vegetables featuring Los Barkers!
18. Get Up Sit Up featuring Babi Floyd
19. One step forward featuring Samite